The Five E's of High-Performance Roofing
For a roofing system to be considered sustainable, it must deliver the Five E's of high-performance roofing:
- Energy - Reduces energy use and improves a building's efficiency in any climate.
- Environment - Minimizes the impact on the Earth's environment and helps maintain a healthy, productive environment inside the building.
- Endurance - Meets or exceeds performance requirements for long life: all-weather reliability; chemical, fire, and puncture resistance; and ease of maintenance and repair.
- Economics - Makes financial sense at the time of purchase and throughout its life-cycle.
- Engineering - Is a complete, integrated roofing system that can be installed quickly and easily and performs reliably over the long run.
A truly sustainable roofing system is a protective, performance-enhancing umbrella that protects buildings from the elements, enables uninterrupted facility operations, and contributes to the health and productivity of the building occupants.